We at Shelby Pools feel that a waterscape and its surrounding environment is an extension of your lifestyle that should be relaxing, entertaining, beautiful, and a place you want to be.
To improve the quality of life for our clients, team members, and community by striving for excellence as a builder and supplier.
We believe in matching design and materials to compliment a home’s architecture and the client’s lifestyle. We strive to treat our clients and team members as we would expect to be treated.
“I think one of the strong suits we bring to the table is that the level of work we do frees the homeowners mind from having to worry about details, such as properly designed hydraulics, proper steel reinforcement, compaction, drainage, etc." - D.K.
"I can think of few projects that don't need extra attention to make things right. That’s why, in my opinion, there’s no real substitute for on site supervision. Keeping it on time and on budget is paramount, and it's very important to me to get those little details right that the average construction guy doesn’t always see as important.” - D.K.
Darren Kendrick is a native of Cleveland County, growing up in the Patterson Springs area. Darren has an extensive military background with the Army Corps of Engineers. He has been married to Helen for 27 years. They have two little girls: Kensley, age 15, and Katie, age 11. Darren and his family are active members of their church as well as their community. They understand the value of quality family time and there is nowhere they would rather be than in the pool, enjoying time with each other and friends. Helen opened the Shelby Pools retail store in 2001 to give their pool customers the added comfort of knowing that the Kendricks can take care of all their pool needs.
• Graduate of Kings Mountain High School
• Joined company as co-owner in 1995
• Watershape construction, five years
• Opened her first store in 1996
• Opened Shelby Pools retail store in 2001
• Completed 7 Pool Chemical schools
• Completed 2 pool and Spa retailing schools
• APSP certified pool and spa courses, 130 plus credit hours
• Active member of the Association of Pool and Spa Professionals
• Certified Building Professional (C.B.P.) www.apsp.org/careerinstitute.
• Licensed by Board for General Contractors: #44572
• Graduate of Army ROTC and Army Engineer's Officers basic course
• 1992-1994 – Employed by Aqua Pools Inc., commercial pool construction
• Certified Pool Operator
• Graduate – Genesis 3 Pool Design Course
• Foxx Pools contractors course
• Active members of the Association of Pool and Spa Professionals (A.P.S.P.)
• Graduate of Crest High School and Western Carolina University